Down here in Texas, we know how to do two things really well.
1.) Sweet Tea
2.) Pecan Pie
In case you don’t know, Pecan Pie (pronounced puh-kahn, y’all, and don’t try to tell us otherwise) is a sweet, delectable southern treat that is to die for.
And it is so easy to put together, you can be ready in less than one hour to give your mini pecan pie to your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, kids’ teachers…well, you get the picture.
I got my adorable mini pie dish at the Target Dollar Spot, and I’ve also purchased one at Dollar General as well. If you can’t find any locally, this darling white one from Amazon is less than $12.00!
The first thing you’re going to is make a batch of my no-roll pie crust and press it into the bottom of your pan.
For this pie I used pecans that I got out of our back yard, because we have a magnificent pecan tree that is producing a ton of these gems this year! If you aren’t as lucky as we are, just grab a bag of chopped pecans from the grocery store.
Follow the recipe to complete your pie filling, then bake to golden perfection.
I’m just going to go ahead and let you know that you should plan on making an extra, because your husband *might* sneak in the kitchen and eat some of your pie without your knowledge…
Deliver hot and ready to eat, or cool and wrap in cellophane for an adorable presentation.
Be prepared for tons of compliments and people begging you for your recipe.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Warm your corn syrup and sugar in a small pot until combined.
- Set your sugar mixture aside to cool for a few minutes
- Beat your eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the warm (NOT HOT) sugar mixture into your eggs, stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla, butter, and pecans
- Pour mixture into your prepared unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until set (no longer wobbly in the middle)
- Cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!