For Day 2 of our 31 Days of Handmade Christmas Series, we’re going to make Mini Banana Bread Loaves! These are super easy to put together, they’re inexpensive, and they’re just adorable.
Grab some mini loaf pans from Walmart (or find some here), your ingredients, some adorable scrapbook paper, and some ribbon! Follow the directions below for the BEST banana bread you’ll ever have!
Make sure you spray your pans really well before you pour your batter in and pop them in the oven. You definitely don’t want them to stick!
After they’ve finished baking, let them cool completely (and enjoy the magnificent aroma that is now filling your home).
Then wrap them in plastic wrap, cut some scrapbook paper, print out a simple gift tag, tape it to the bottom of the loaf, and tie some cute ribbon around it.
And that’s it! This is a wonderful, tasty, simple gift that would be perfect for teachers, church helpers, even neighbors!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts *optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add bananas, sour cream, and nuts.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over tops of loaves.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes.